Wild grass

DECEMBER 18, 2008
"Believe that the sort of life you wish to live is, at this very moment, just waiting for you to summon it up."--SUZAN-LORI PARKS
Today is a lazy day. So far nothing exciting has happened. I took a break from reading Charm Offensive, and am now reading The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. Its about how Afghanistan changed after the ousting of King Zahir Shah in 1973 and the Russian invasion in, I think 1975. These two boys born in the 60s are the main characters--Sunni and the other Shi'a. The differences in classes; hatred. "Kite runner" refers to a kite competition each winter where handmade kites are flown on fiberglass string. They fight the kites in the air to cut the twine and whoever the last kite fighter is, wins. Meanwhile, the kids run after the cut kites as prizes, hence the term "kite runner." Once I finish, I want to start Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer. I've seen the movie, but I generally like to think that books are better. I may just read all three at once. That's what I was doing before with Wild Grass, The Fifth Book of Peace, and Charm Offensive.

[Our Endless Numbered Days--Iron and Wine]

It's really hot today and there isn't much wind. I have doubles tonight, so I am kind of looking forward to getting my metabolism going. I feel sluggish. I've been trying to stay as healthy as possible here, but in the scheme of things it doesn't really matter. I should enjoy this for what it is and worry about running again once I get home.
  [<--Previous Day]                                                                
[Next Day-->]

Comments

Popular Posts