So, this is it...

"You've wanted to do this your whole life!"  It's ringing in my ears.  I think somewhere along the way, I had forgotten that, that is how I feel.  There has been too much "else" for me to remember that this is what I have always wanted for myself; that this is my dream.  Make no mistake.

So, tomorrow is the day.  At precisely 1:30pm (Japan time) I will journey halfway across the world to safely land in the heart of Central America--Playa Caletas, Costa Rica (near San Francisco de Coyote) to be exact.  Where I will live for three months doing what it is I love .  I'll be touching life; living in the wilderness.  In the sun; in the warmth.  I have always wanted to live on the beach.  See the sunset every evening over the ocean.

This is an opportunity for me to begin my career.  I feel very fortunate for that.  And if, by chance, I cannot see myself doing any of these things in the future, I will, at the very least, leave this experience with amazing memories, a sense of achievement, and hopefully a group of really close friends.

Below you will find my course of travel once I reach San Jose, Costa Rica.  I do not really have any premonitions what it is I will do once I get there, but I think I will likely stay and explore San Jose until it's time to carry on.  Here's the breakdown--

I will fly into San Jose, Costa Rica on the evening of November 14, 2008.  I will likely stay in San Jose until the morning of November 16, 2008 (ignore red marker):


On the morning of November 16, 2008, I will meet up with most of my group, and take a bus to San Francisco, Costa Rica to the west:

From San Francisco, Costa Rica, we will be picked up by our Pretoma team and taken southwest to our campsite on Playa Caletas (see blue markers):

I will be returning to Japan on January 18, 2009, so until then, have a happy Thanksgiving, and a wonderful set of holidays thereafter.  I wish that there was more that I could say, but I think I've already said what I needed to, to each and every one of you.  I love you all.  And strange to say, I'll see and talk to you next year.  With stories in tow--you can count on it.

Comments

Popular Posts