Intolerance

NOVEMBER 23, 2008

DAY 8 - Today was meant to be a day for catching up on sleep. I got to bed about 7:30am, but the heat awoke me and I was up by 9:30am. It's been troublesome. I was able to take an hour nap in the hammock, which is surprisingly uncomfortable. Tried again for another hour. I think that I hit REM earlier in the morning because I do remember dreaming.

It was mac n'cheese for lunch today, so I had a can of corn, some saltines and hot sauce instead. I am lactose intolerant and have certain dietary restrictions so it can be rather difficult at times to eat some of the meals that the group makes because nobody is used to taking such food intolerances into account.

The sun is mostly down now and it's cloudy and sprinkling. It's also really humid, too. I am hesitant to change into my evening clothes and lay down because I don't want to get hot. I go out on patrol late tonight. I can't remember the time, but I am thinking 2am probably because I noticed that it took awhile for the tide to go out this afternoon. I need to lay down here soon because I must be up at 10pm to do hatchery. I want a normal night's sleep tonight. I can't sleep during the day with the heat. It seems like sleeping is all I write about. This will change.
  [<--Previous Day]                                                                
[Next Day-->]

Comments

Popular Posts