Encroaching

NOVEMBER 28, 2008

It is extremely hot today and there is little relief. Our tent is baking and I can't get comfortable in the hammock. Eventually I'll have to suck it up and do exhumations, but for now, I am sitting on an over-turned bucket enjoying the breeze.

We had gobs and gobs of tourists this morning. So bizarre to walk out of my tent with my toothbrush hanging out of my mouth and see a large group of white folks touring our home. I'm feeling a little apprehensive and guarded from the visit. We are in the middle of no where. How do people know about us? We're all completely taken aback.

Sarah is boiling the leftover chicken carcass in the old makeshift stove to save using the propane tank from the gas stove. I think I'll go get a bucket of water to place by it, in case it catches fire. If you could see this thing, you would notice that it is almost entirely made from wood. There is one wire grate taken from a grill, and aluminum foil wrapped around that. We actually have to light a fire underneath/inside the wooden stove to cook whatever is on top. Does this really make any sense? And the oven is conveniently located right next to our driftwood shower. It is seriously a disaster waiting to happen.

Holy shit! Will you take a look at this guy!
  [<--Previous Day]                                                                
[Next Day-->]

Comments

Popular Posts