And so...



I'm living in the moment. It's a cloudy and rainy morning
I awoke from a dream so vivid full of forgiveness
And a beautiful azure blue Hawaiian shirt with the most amazing fit
The fabric had a feel of linen and a perfect knit meant to last a person's lifetime
Especially when worn for special occasions, like in my dream
It was worn by someone I love and gave me the sensation I feel
When I'm swimming in the ocean
In this moment, I felt loved and warm
Awoken by an overwhelming feeling of emotional bliss.

And so, I rolled from my sheets and began my day
On a sweet note filled with sweet tides and pools of love.

Breakfast came easy from the garden,
And hand-grinding the coffee beans reminded me that quality takes effort and time
They say that putting your heart into everything you do
Will, no doubt, see you through
Perhaps it is the first step towards forgiving one's self at the first sign of the morning light.

And so, I imagined I was making breakfast for someone that I love
And in that moment was when I realized that person was me.

Extra time; extra care
I do exactly for myself as I please
And when my needs are met sharing with others comes easily
Honor over pride--I strive for balance and peace
Slowing down in a manner that is attentive and puts others at ease
Catering to that turnstile rhythm that keeps the cadence calm and radiant
even when circumstances present: big waves, big love, or even bigger hardships.

And so, today I shared the surf
I contemplated others' needs
I kept aware of the space I took and made space for others
I caught waves and I gave them away
And I re-learned what it was like to share the joy of living.

Comments

Popular Posts