DROP TOMS NOT BOMBS



TOMS Shoes is an American footwear company founded in 2006 by Blake Mycoskie. If you haven't already heard their premise, "With every pair you purchase, TOMS will give a pair of new shoes to a child in need." It's a pretty remarkable concept. A concept that was inspired while visiting Argentina as a competitor on The Amazing Race. The shoes are designed after traditional Argentine alpargata styles worn by Argentine farmers for over 100 years.

I received my pair of Purple Tangier Vegan TOMS about a week ago.  Hoping to have a new picture for you in 'The Feet Project' photo album, I've had to send them back for an exchange in a smaller size.  If you are thinking about ordering a pair of TOMS and have medium width feet, then ordering in true size should do you just fine. If you happen to have narrow feet like mine, then I recommend ordering a half-size smaller.



Coming up next Thursday, April 8th is One Day Without Shoes, where you are encouraged to go a day, half day, a few hours, etc. without wearing shoes. This means playing, biking, working in your bare little tootsies. I spent the day today in attempt at toughening up my dogs by walking around town. Now if I can think of some place that will allow me to enter their premises barefoot. Nature will. What do you think you'll do?

Comments

Popular Posts