Bon Appétit

December 9, 2009

I ate my first yogurt today in a year... a year, I tell you!
How miraculous is that?
Pretty dang miraculous for someone who now lives on sad and sorry tofu dogs, and pureed porridge.

This rare, but splendid pleasure was inspired after watching the film Julie & Julia. Crazy you must say, perhaps I should have been dipping my spoon into a vat of butter. Alas, no. After watching recipe after recipe be spread out with pound and pound of churned cream, it was a closing portion of one of Julie's blogs that inspired me to experiment. After explaining how great Julia Child is for never giving up, and for never letting her world endeavors interfere with her marriage, Julie exclaims she too must master these talents and learn to be a better wife to her 'Saint of a husband'. She simply surrenders the evening whilst lonely beef bourguignon sits cooling on the dinner table. Her husband has left after scolding her on her blogging self-centered ways. And in closing she types, "yogurt for dinner."

I am so ridiculous.

Comments

Popular Posts