Letting June run out

Self-promotion has always been a point of contention with me. I've never been entirely comfortable with leaving hardline traces of myself strewn across the internet. Pen and paper has always been my forte, but recent words of assurance have seemed to escape me in all existing mediums. Maybe it has something to do with growing older, and senile paranoia. Whatever. So, I apologize for the ostensible neglect everyone is experiencing in my conflicted wake. I'm trying not to put much thought into it, and neither should you. I'll come around, probably once these summer months are gone. Guess this is my disclaimer. I hope you like your martinis dry.

  • Last night I went to see The Avett Brothers play with some of my favorites. We got down to Convington, Kentucky about 4'ish, meeting up at a friend's pad. She just so happens to live above the venue we were going to that night, the Madison Theater. What's really great about it, is that all of the bands' tour buses park out back below her back deck entrance, and every time we head up to her place, we're always passing by the buses. While hanging out back, we actually got to see Scott Avett heading into the venue with his little roller suitcase. It was pretty sweet. And after the show we got to head out back and get pictures taken and chat a little with Bob Crawford and Joe Kwon of The Avett Brothers. There are a few pictures posted in my Onward picasa album that you can check out, but I am still waiting on getting some better quality photographs from a friend. Stay tuned for the additions, I suppose. But anyway, so the show was amazing and I am officially in love with the music of The Avett Brothers. I've never danced so much at a show. Definitely adding the experience to my list of top 5 best shows.
  • Training begins on the zipline this week. It's about damn time.
  • Next week is our annual camping and kayaking weekend for Lindsey's Birthday celebration down on the Little Miami River. I'm also heading to a wedding. I hate weddings.
  • Bidding my time for the beginning of August. Always looking forward to the annual 1st Saturday of the month Lebanon Blues Festival, but this year, I have a little more to look forward to than beer gardens and sitting in lawn chairs in the middle of downtown Lebanon with my folks. On the second weekend of the month is the Midwest Reggae Fest up at Nelsons Ledges Quarry Park in Garrettsville, Ohio. It'll be three days of camping, cliff jumping, swimming, campfires, chowing, and Reggae music. It doesn't get much better than that.

Comments

Popular Posts